Thursday 22 October 2009

Fliming; Re-Shooting

Today after school I re-shot in the recording studio with help from my other group members. We decided to re-shoot because the main singer (myself) wasn't in the appropriate costume of Ska genre, so for this session I thought about it and thought that shorts, a long cardigan and a scarf. after researching the Ska i saw that they wore tailored trousers and blazers, however to modernise it I came up with a colour such as pink and tailored shorts.

To achieve different shots types at the same time, we decided to set up cameras in different locations in the room. we had one in a mid shot of the singer, one on a tripod, one at a low angle and we also used a FIG-RIG to get close ups and moving shots. We also tried a shot hand held at high angle, which is conventional in Ska genres, were they did high angle shots of the lead singer and band. The amount of different shots that we did allowed us to gain interesting shots that would appeal to the audience, as the recording studio shots are used a lot throughout the music video, so using interesting shots would keep the audience engaged.

I am pleased with this session as I feel we got a lot of footage that we can use, I was also acting and performing the song. i am also pleased because we thought more about everything, such as the lighting, which were small flood lights which looked light spotlights all over the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment