Saturday 6 February 2010

Photoshop; Creating The Back

My back cover idea has changed from my initial idea as the idea of big checkers and pictures being in them looked to cluttered, and therefore I thought I would change it to a small section. To start the back I decided to continue the checker idea that I started on the spine and decided to be in a small section that wasn't perfectly shaped as I wanted it to follow the way the length of the songs words would be, which I would alter when I put in the wording on.

I then went on to do the institutional information, which included a bar-code and the record label 'Island' that I had chosen.

I then went onto add the song list, starting with 'Welcome to the MadHouse' which i had also named the album. I then chose songs that seemed fun and upbeat which would appeal to a young generation of people and an older generation as it would remind them of when they were younger and the Ska bands they used to listen to, such as Madness who had songs on their album called; 'Rainbows' and 'Bingo'.

I also added the the crowd in a smaller form in comparison to the front cover, to keep the connection between the front and back cover.

I then added a picture of Stacey the other band member on the back as she isn't on the front, this is because with the crowd on the front cover it can become to cluttered, and I am seen as the main band member and am seen in the music video more, and on Ska albums there is generally more then 4 members in a band, with the main singer in the middle at the front, so that is why I decided to focus on the main one.


No comments:

Post a Comment