Thursday 4 February 2010

Photoshop; Creating the Spine

To create the spine i opened up a new canvas with a width of 1.3 and height of 18.3. First I started with a blank black background and then took the band title font that I used on the front album over which I copied and the pasted onto the spine canvas. I then had to rotate the writing and shrink it down to a suitable size and put it just off the centre.

I then used a checkered pattern (which I found on a royalty free website) and put it on the top of the spine canvas and then continued this pattern towards the writing. I then used the magic wand to alter the colours of the checkers from white and black to white, with a few pink and purple random squares.

I then added a crowd onto the spine under the band name, which I kept on the same line as the previous the front cover ones, just a smaller version of it. I then put on the institutional information such as the dvd logo.

UPLOAD PICTURES



No comments:

Post a Comment