Saturday 6 February 2010

Photoshop; Creating the Inside Right

On the inside right on the cover I used a black background and used the shape tool to create circles to show where the CD would be. I then used the colour fill to fill the circular space purple. I also used enlarged checkers so that the cover linked in with the plain in comparison to the left side of the cover.

I then edited the background of a picture of myself and Stacey, which we had taken using a tripod placed on a table, so it looked like the audience was looking down on us. This tied in with the Ska genre as bands such as ‘The Specials’ had lots of pictures were they were looking up and the camera or not at the camera at all. This idea has also been used with a Madness covers were they are not looking at the camera. The only difference that I used for my picture was that it was a close up.

I then put a gradient colour overlay on the picture, so you couldn’t see us and enlarged the picture so that it fit on the CD. However the picture then looked boxed so I enlarged it further so I then enlarged it further so that it was bigger then the CD outline and use the rubber tool to get rid of the part of the picture that over lapped the CD.

I then continued with the stars that I had done on the previous side and used pink on the black background and black on the purple CD section. I then using the same font as the album title put the album title on the CD layout and also included a website for the band on the bottom corner of the canvas.

UPLOAD PICTURES

No comments:

Post a Comment