Sunday 21 March 2010

Evaluation; Question 1 Part 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My media products (music video and ancillary tasks) use and develop forms of conventions, within Ska and the sub-genre of 2 Tone in different ways. My music video challenges forms and conventions of Ska 2 Tone, by modernising the Ska genre through the use of bright colours within the music video as the established colours in Ska music videos are black and white. The use of bright colour where continuously used throughout the music video which I used to exaggerate the idea of ‘The Madettes’ being mad, which also helps in modernising the genre and appeals to a younger target audience of 14-18 year olds. However I used forms of conventions within my music video through the use of checkered squares, split screens and images of the a band playing instruments, though this was not shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment